Survival guide for the hunting or fishing widow, and how to deal with your husband's obsession

Welcome fellow widows of hunters, fisherman and other outdoor enthusiasts.

Feel free to post your own comments, tips, advice and stories!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Has your spouse's fishing been affected by the oil spill?

I'm on the other coast, so we haven't been affected by the BP oil spill yet. Although, experts predict the oil will soon get to the Atlantic coastline. But I've heard that some areas are banning offshore fishing because of the oil spill. Now, my husband is not a commercial fisherman, so we aren't depending on the fish he catches to eat or anything. But banning fishing to an avid sport fisherman like my husband is almost as bad as cutting off his arm. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to eat fish spoiled by oil and I don't want my husband out fishing in that either. I'm just saying it's not going to be easy living with a cooped up husband who can't go fishing. We're between hunting seasons as well, so I can't even send him out to the woods.

Anyone have any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment